PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida, September 2009
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 08:18
steve_uniacke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also looking to do F/T in September

hey guys,

im in a similar position. I've been flying since january on and off, firstly in Cork, but because of "problems" with the Irish Aviation Authority not accepting my UK-JAR Class 1 medical (even though they are meant to according to JAR-FCL-1, but thats a different story.)

I went for a brief stint in the Ulster Flying Club in newtownards, UK, but the sheer expense and 5 hours travelling everyday for 45 mins flying due to weather, just wasn't worth it. So i packed it in for now and put the money back in the bank.

So... now i'm gonna working all summer but im free for a month in September, and I plan to go to florida to complete my training.

I have about 28 hours on C172s, a plane i really like. But to be honest I just wanna get the PPL outta the way and on to the hard stuff.

Ormond Beach seems to do a good deal, with a night rating included, seem relatively cheap and easy to get to on C152s/ Piper Warriors.

Naples and OFT seem to be other likely choices (with 172s and a slightly higher price), but i'd like to get some opinions from people....

Cheers

Steve