PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher sinking like the Titanic
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 06:27
ecureilx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon my ignorance. I am just wondering ..

It is industry practice, for any industry, to stretch the payments, and even in Law-abiding Singapore, though terms say 30 days, nobody pays in 30 days, with excuses such as "missed the payment cycle" or "re-invoice" or "large payments need CEO / GM approval, and he is out of the country .. "

And any financial controller worth his salt will always make sure payments are stretched as much as possible, especially when it comes to external vendors.

If IT is that bad, how come they haven't lowered their flag ?

As much as I understand, another airline sinking = enough people jobless and sufferings .. not some vile satisfaction.

Is there really that much fire in IT, for so much smoke ??

In my observation, as somebody not in Aviation in India, I have seen IT grow leaps and bounds, and manages to run such a stellar service, considering all the complication of even driving in Mother India, and havent heard any customer complaining of anything.

Pardon me again, just trying to figure out what's cooking, in these tough times, hoping the last thing anybody need is a pink slip.

It the above is un-warranted, please help me to remove it.

Cheers, safe flying, and happy skies for the professionals, who earn a living in Heavensly skies.