PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pig flu and an economic crisis...
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2009, 06:21
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
CC, yeah around 170 or so died in Mexico but in fact only around 8 have been positively as a result of the "Swine" flu. And why was NZ so quickly able to positively test their few cases while here in OZ the number of suspected cases climbs daily but still no positive result? (even after almost a week?)

I havent watched any telly the last couple of weeks so not sure how hysterical they are but guess the commercial networks are having a field day with this one! I heard a guy on talkback radio saying pet shops should get rid of those dried pig ears as they are dangerous to human health?! WTF? If they do get rid of them deliver all dried pig ears free of charge to my shed, I'll stockpile them and once the hysteria dies down make a killing! (If not I will have to re-hydrate them and use them s Berley I guess)

I understand the opinion of the WHO and they are the experts but it is the way the world is these days, everyone has to cover their ar$es! Just think of the OH&S departments, they are the authority right? Yes so we should believe them especially when they mandate on a kettle in my workplace a sign saying "Warning Hot Water may burn" (yes this is true no joke) The western worlds authorities have been corrupted by this arse covering policy and that's why I believe so many people don't trust them, I am not saying they are wrong on this one just like the boy that cried Dingo! I mean Wolf!

I went to Hong Kong in the middle of the Bird Flu Outbreak and it was the best time ever! Easy to get around, eating lot's of Chicken etc, and going to the pubs every night! And I am not saying Bird Flu was good, I knew someone that got it and they were mighty sick but at the end of the day you are as likely to get that or Swine Flu at the same chance of any new flu which for me personally is pretty rare, so chances wise I'll take the risk!