PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2002, 08:15
hereford united

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re CCA

Fair enough Oh Caped One, of course I was talking about basic salary. If you fly the full 720 hours then an extra 8/9K in flight pay will come your way.
Allowances wise I expect I'm better off too - but then I do have 7 nightstops in the next two weeks work, and I will need to eat. (Forget all that £1400 for a tour, I'm on two quid an hour !!)
So on balance I dont see the differential as being all that great - of course I could move to Easy (if they'd have me) but I do aspire to a minor Baronial postion somewhere around 30 West eventually, preferably on something with 4 engines, so I have to sit it out for a few years at LGW first.
Thats the attraction of BA - long term of course we have good opportunities, but that is not the debate.
With regard to duty days, how about Athens/Tripoli daytrips, Bilbao and back then Marseille, Bucharest and back then
Manchester. We're doing the hard yards too - to have 10 days
off a month (our agreement) and to achieve the annual hours means we do some fierce days too.

Fundamentally we were talking about operating costs, and they are really not that different.

Last edited by hereford united; 10th May 2002 at 08:23.