PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK407 - Tailstrike YMML 20 March
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 21:24
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a reporter digging. If you actually work for EK why would you possibly want to talk to her. Yep good idea screw your own company so that Qantas, Etihad etc can take our pickings. Do you really think they are any better or is it just EK pilots and wannabes that feel the urge to beat the hand that feeds. Most other companies have the common sense to whinge in private and try and force the changes they need. The original article was utter sensationalist pants, perhaps we should all do TOGA take-offs to try and up the engine failure after take off stats. I have read a lot of crap about this incident yet the facts are still not in the open but might be tomorrow:

Fatigue/tiredness? - On the direct 407? One of our nicest layovers, give me a break. It is probably about the most alert you feel on any trip unless you decide not to rest.
Procedural mistake that anyone could make? - Sorry don't buy it, yep you can screw up the calculation procedure but what about a vague awareness of your aircraft's performance.

Bottom line the guys did not mean to screw up but did royally and if the numbers I have heard are to believed it is unbelievable. Flex 74, Flap 1 in Melbourne...... Before you start bleating holier than thou comments how many real EK 345 pilots that operate long haul feel the alledged lack of nouse is excusable? I feel sorry for the crew but to start slagging the whole of EK based on their mistake is a little sad. What do the aussie reporters call it? 'Tall poppy syndrome."