PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Procedural vs Basic Service
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 16:13
rogervisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My comments are aimed at the fact the ATCO asked what type of service the pilot wanted whilst he was in the hold(which i take to be part of the instrument procedures for that airport). So there was no requirement to ask the service required as it would be a procedural service as the a/c was using the instrument procedures. This also makes me wonder how long had this a/c been receiving a service and what type service was he in receipt of up till this situation. Which to me (and the collegues on my watch when discussed)gives the impression of a cop out by the ATCO.
Totally agree with coolbeans as regard the belt and braces, but as he said it was unecessary by the book. But the ATCO probably did this as he new his plan to resolve this situation was a fudge. I could understand it if the a/c was asked to leave the hold in order for the pilot to be more flexable in his lookout and getting a BS.

Monkey -procedural control is no trickier now ,than it was 20 years ago when i first started (radar is much more fun)but that is what we are there for .When you get some more experience under your belt you will know what i mean(if anything the new procedures will make it easier) It concerns me that you think the controller could have sent the a/c outbound on PS

One thing we all agree on is that we would like to know what SRG's take on it would be.