PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Borghetti Gone..........
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 12:50
Oriana

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
No Ken, my question should not have read with your embellishment - nor was it a challenge.

Please don't confuse this writer with some sort of management stooge - if I had my way, we'd all be working for more money, and a greater share of the profits too.

In all honesty, I was displeased at the 'let them have the crumbs' attitude - whether it was intended to be that way, or not - of Keg's post.

Whilst people working at JQ are resented by (some) mainline crews - and there are a few vocal usual suspects on here that carry a pathological hurt about it - the reality is if that arm of the group wasn't there, whether routes or services or whatever are 'gifted', or the numbers 'cooked' or 'fiddled' or "add your snide allegation ad-nauseum' , then there would be a greater market share taken by non-group companies like Virgin, Tiger of "insert name here" airways.

It's a simple equation really: whoever in the group does it cheaper, gets the lines. And, according to management, JQ here in Australia is not cheap enough - to whit, JQ NZ.