PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 08:08
BetpumpS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your reply. As someone who has almost 10 years in the industry and believe it or not actually talks to counterparts daily from different airlines, I think whatever I write would still be quoted and rebutted by people like you who thinks they know more.

I have a filipina stepmother. Father now lives there. And I spent my first 2 years flying in the Philippines. I learnt a lot about the culture of Filipinos and how they are easily taken advantage of when a possible dream could be made true. Pyramid schemes as an example and even educated nurses who, due to lack of research, will plough a large amount of finance into the hands of an unscrupulous agent who promised them employment in another country.

I am not for one second saying that Clark are a scam. They most certainly are not and regardless of the problems they have had during the earlier stages (I've read the posts with a pinch of salt by the way), they really are trying to build up a centre of excellence based around the MPL.

I just hope for the sake of my adopted kababayan that Clark did not falsely advertise the MPL as something that has an equal standing as the fATPL. I believe the MPL is the way forward - it is cheaper and quicker and can meet the needs of airlines within 12 months as opposed to a fATPL+TR which could take 2 years. The only way this can work (and this is how it is being worked in the EU) is by the airline constructing their own MPL course with a partner FTO - Flybe/FTE for example. Learning the SOPs from day 1 is the attraction for airlines to invest in an MPL.

Remember one more thing, Clark offer the MPL on an A320. So if there happens to be a wait as there are no A320 positions available, an MPL cadet can not even stay current by flying General Aviation.

Has Clark offered advice on the procedures for remaining current? Costs?