PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet
Thread: easyjet
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 07:05
320seriesTRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

I am finishing my flying career in the next 14 months and the only thing that has been constant throughout has been change.

An airline does not offer careers, it offers employment. It facilitates an individual's ambitions. Most of you who are disappointed are at fault, because you having being looking outwards rather than inwards for success.

We do not work for easyJet, etc. We work for ourselves. We are highly trained professionals who work for our families, and our own development.

easyJet happens to be that medium at present. What ever we do not like we can and should change.

Those of you who in the year 2009 believe in the good old airline rewards, must have been absent for the last 20 years.

It is my licence, and as such I offer it to the highest bidder. I believe in BALPA as a collective Union, however it's success lies within it's members and not in the name.

If we are not willing to fight, if we are not willing to unite, we shall always be divided.

I say to Mr Corr and Mr. Harrison, I am here to make the airline safe and efficient, not make money for you. You were hired for that. If you cannot do it, do not blame me, get out and leave. The shareholders will find someone who knows and can lead the company.

We gentlemen do not sell tickets, nor do we make pricing decisions, nor do we buy and hedge fuel. We are only on the pointy side to keep the operation safe and efficient.

Fuel saving initiatives, and efficiency measures are not there to make profits for the airlines, they are there to save money and probably provide bonuses.

The management is now relying on our discretion to make money. This to me shows that they have no clue, they have lost the plot, they are not up to the task.

Enough said about the incompetent lot. Stop whining and get up to be heard, tell BALPA that you will fight all the way, not because your are militant but because you believe in your value, and in the unity of the pilot body, otherwise if you do not believe in yourselves take the shafting in silence.

Regards