PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 01:42
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
betpumping

i have questions for you for which i hope you can provide answers. but if you can't that's also not a problem.

1.I can verify however that the way the MPL is structured in the UK and the whole EU is airline specific.

is this a requirement of all ICAO member states or is this a UK and EU initiative? pardon my ignorance, but i cannot seem to identify a restriction to this effect from the ICAO documents regarding MPL.

if this is ICAO requirement (as reflected in ICAO Annex 1), then Philippines and CA should follow.
if this is NOT ICAO requirement (which is what it seems to me, pls correct me if i am wrong), then would you agree that EU and UK don't have any business preaching how another fellow member state should behave?

2. Gulf Air I believe has/will be about to embark on an MPL but this is GulfAir focused - like the MPL is supposed to be. So again any Clark pilot who took the genric MPL course would not be able to apply for Gulf.

last time i checked, the Gulf isn't composed of Gulfair alone. however, again the question would be, do we know for certain that Gulf air or any of the other Gulf airlines are not willing to take in MPL from another country/ ATO? Or are we assuming again?

3. I believe Mr Narmon is still the top recruitment guy at PAL so I am pretty sure he could give a quick answer if anyone wanted to call him. But remember, considering PAL already have their own school and take 2 batches a year-fATPL, straight away the national carrier of Philippines is another closed door to MPL cadets.

If I call PAL now, they will answer with their standard protocol -- min 1500H of flying time with CPL/ IR, but will give exemptions to low hour pilots only if they are "deserving" graduates of PAL AV school. Even if that is the case, isn't it fair to say that PAL not saying anything about MPL now does not mean they are not thinking about it?

4. Singapore Airlines have their own training school along with Cathay Pacific. So I can not see these two SE Asian airlines recruiting MPL cadets from Philippines.

I cannot see it either! but again wouldn't it be too presumptuous to conclude there is nothing going on in the region?