PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew lane for arriving crew, not!
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2009, 00:32
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by twiggs
the express lane is for crew that have nothing to declare or have, but have been green stamped.
So is this channel for crew only and not for passengers?...
NO it's not..Twiggs...the express lane is for passengers who have nothing to declare or have been green stamped by AQIS....

Crew may be allowed to use the express lane if they have been cleared to do so but there is no sign stating that it is a specific CREW LANE.....this is the point that is being sidestepped.

I was actually travelling through Sydney last Monday and although I did not see a sign which had the crew form on it it is still not a dedicated crew channel....as twiggs would try to have us believe.
Do you really think anyone gives a rats about crew waiting with pax to get their orchids checked?
Obviously the office doesn't....

But having orchids is not the only reason why crew are looked at and lining up with hundreds of passengers....do crew from LAX,JNB,AKL,etc... have orchids or does every crew member flying in from SIN/BKK or HKG have orchids Twiggs?

Immigration is the first hurdle and the crew channel is a good first step but then it all falls down waiting for your bags....then if you have the temerity as some here believe to have purchased any item(s) then it's your bad luck/fault and you have to deal with it...

Twiggs I take it by your edited post that you have never purchased any items while on a trip because you seem to delight in raising the issue of crew buying goods or is it that you have something against those crew who see something they want to buy overseas!

As I said before this could all be fixed if there was a crew baggage belt so that all crews bags turn up on the same one.I'm sure the passengers have more on their mind than to stand around and watch the other corner of the arrivals hall waiting to see something to complain to QF about.....

This is not about crew purchasing goods and bringing trouble on themselves.

It is about a dedicated crew channel which would mean you don't have to line up with hundreds of passengers who have been sitting down while crew have been working.

All airlines could use this one carousel for crew bags...

Last edited by lowerlobe; 29th Apr 2009 at 06:43. Reason: Because of twiggs edit to her post