PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA or JAA?
Thread: FAA or JAA?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 18:49
FlyingOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay in the US, build valuable hours as a CFI (highly recommend getting CFII aswell, MEI optional) and sign up for a ATPL DL program with the likes of BGS, CATS, Naples, etc. Use the money you make as an instructor to pick up the the extra expense, and use those rainy/ windy/ slow days to study for the ATPL.

The experience you will gain as an instructor will serve you well in the future as an airline pilot, it will give you interesting anecdotes to talk about at interviews about how you dealt with gifted(or challenged) students/ lets face it: single pilot IFR/ ADM & CRM issues/ etc, and among all others will improve your flying skills. I have yet to encounter a beter way to learn than from watching other people make mistakes and any instrutor will back me up on that one!

Given the current state of affairs in the EU, think long and hard about returning without anything much to offer except for the bare minimum flight time. You will need something else on your resume for when things do eventually pick up..............

Best of luck,

OW

PS. I went the FAA CFI/CFII route, thoroughly enjoyed it and never looked back!

Last edited by FlyingOW; 28th Apr 2009 at 19:18.