PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pig flu and an economic crisis...
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 17:11
Bradley Marsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H2H2H? Been going on for years.

Hi SLF et al,

I tried to post a link to the thread I wanted you to see but it is too big for PPRuNe. Please go to the my page referred below and see the sub heading about Human to Human transmission.

I would also suggest chasing up some info from the worlds experts such as Drs Michael Osterholm, Robert Webster and Lance Jennings (both the latter are Kiwis btw). These chaps are amongst the worlds leaders and were quite prominent during the H5N1 alert in 2005 and are again at the forefront with this H1N1 event.

I have a page of info you may or may not find useful. A couple of links are broken as I wrote it in 2005 addressing H5N1 but it is all still quite relevant now. I posted the link earlier and put it here again as the thread (like most in PPRuNe) degenerated into garbage. I'll update the page should it become necessary but for now all the info there is quite relevant.

Some H5N1 info

This H1N1 epidemic may end up as the pandemic (certainly Dr Bob Webster thinks so) which is overdue. Let's wait and see but I strongly recommend everyone get the best info possible.

Cheers,

Brad