PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your most memorable airshow and why
Old 9th May 2002, 21:13
Catt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folkstone sea front a couple of years back.

A team of five Tornado's did a fly past at fairly low level (useless at calculating height but it was fairly low!!), turned left and flew out to sea in formation. The weather was overcast, and so viz out at sea was appalling but I fortunately managed to catch a glimpse of the T's flying, still in formation, through a break in the cloud. The formation however didn't look quite right, one aircraft missing. Well my buddies didn't believe me when I informed them they'd lost a Tornado (bloody hard to lose etc ), until the fifth Tornado that had broken free from the formation ripped (and that is the only way I could ever describe it) straight up the front of the cliffs right in front of us . Very, very impressive (not so for the little boy - no more than five years old if he was a day - who fell of his perch halfway down the cliff )

That was the same show where they had the single Tornado flying wingman to a Spitfire. Poor Spit was going flat out whilst the Tornado had every flap down - again, something I will never forget.