PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 11:55
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dare

If CIA have a generic MPL course (or a course based on the Cebu Pacific SOPs), then anyone who is not "guaranteed" a Cebu Pacific position will come out with a worthless license.

Care to expound why it is worthless? In the scenario you mentioned, if the CAAP gives out a license, how will that license be worthless? perhaps showing the relevant Philippines CAR provisions to this effect would be a good starting point. Hint: EU experience does not count, unless you think a poor third world country ought to just follow the lead of EU.

PAL will not touch you, neither would Air Philippines, Asian Spirit(whatever the new name is) etc.

How are you privy to their thinking? Unless you have insider info, or you are an insider in the top management of said companies you mentioned (by the way, there is no more Air Philippines), you very well know that you are in no position to speak for these companies.

Also, you will not be able to fly GA (General Aviation) as you do not have a CPL ME/IR

I don't think that was ever the intention.

All you need to do is make a quick phonecall to Air Philippines, Asian Spirit, and |PAL and ask the HR department whether (if there was a need for pilots) would they consider an MPL license? Their answer would be no.

skyhigh you must be in a place so high as to have a ready answer to your own question. Pretty clever.

if i do your dare and i get a positive answer, why would i even post it here? to glorify your pontification?

TO OTHERS:
i have been reading this entire thread for a month now and it is pretty obvious how this is populated by people with varying agenda. i am beginning to see a pattern here: whenever CA makes an important milestone, the thread gets divided into two: those who are happy with the success and those who wish to point out how CA still lacks something, and that is an understatement.

i have witnessed mudslinging, name calling, racism (in this day and age!), and the worst trouble-making imaginable. i am not particularly knowledgeable about CA's past except for those mentioned here in this thread, but what is clear is that CA has managed to finish cadets and take them to 5J, when at one time it was impossible to do so. let's give credit where it is due.

as others have mentioned, now the next step we should monitor is what happens to their non-Cebu cadets. i would imagine that it is in the interest of both the school and the regulator to find a workable solution, as this will have an impact on the reputation of the Philippines and their ambition to be a center for aviation training in the region.

anything else is purely rumor and scare mongering.