PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 TOGA selection and Go around mode
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 07:37
TyroPicard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, exactly, I did NOT want G/A mode, it is not logical, but it did happen.
We were above acceleration altitude now and I had to select speed to prevent acceleration to 250 knots with one engine inoperative.
I selected TOGA (for better climb performance until we reach the engine out acceleration altitude)....but then the stupid thing went into G/A mode when I did not want it to !!
Now I understand.. the a/c behaved exactly as designed. You may not have wanted G/A but you asked for it by selecting TOGA after disengagement of SRS mode. If it happens all you have to do is select the mode you want without panic or calling the a/c "stupid" .. pull ALT to achieve OP CLB or push V/S to stay level.

Like I believe somewhere in the FCOM it should say that "it will NOT engage the G/A mode if still in SRS mode after takeoff (if this is how it works)"
Remember that to engage a mode you have to meet the disengage conditions for the existing mode. Suggest you read the disengagement conditions for SRS mode in FCOM 1.22.30 p.47, and the note about Engine Out procedures.

No, I pulled speed actually to maintain speed, as at it changed from SRS to CLB mode on its own (passing through the acceleration altitude)
This mode change should not happen OEI - are you sure you remember the sequence of events correctly?
And although the managed speed target jumps to 250 KT (or the initial climb speed to be exact) when you pull ALT for OP CLB the target reverts to Green Dot OEI.
Hope that helps

Last edited by TyroPicard; 28th Apr 2009 at 11:12.