PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 07:02
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Nick, any experience is a learning experience, good or bad. Use your ACO OSB as such and if you make it to flight screening it can only help. I don’t think a poor OSB would derail your chances unless the OSB thought you were not suited for the military and that would be unlikely given you made it through the recruiting process.

OP, yeah you’ve got me, twittered and bistered. Then again you may look at it from a different angle. Here we have a chappie professing a desire to join the winged ranks. If one is truly desirous, read motivated, one would think said individual would find any information, obtain any knowledge available, i.e. stumble across a sight with lotsa info on it would be like giving a blind man sight, and devour it. Not ask for a repeat because ,…. Why it’s easy to get someone else to do the work.

So far nothing personal has been said apart from me being B and T and a model student. Let’s not delve to the lower levels of personal insults.

MB, take this from a non model student who, after exhausting all individual avenues to obtain knowledge, skills etc needed the guidance of a guide dog, you need to apply yourself. Apologise if I ruffled your feathers however this sight has been going for some time, which the number of pages attest to, and I just find it difficult to see how a person off to flight screening has not perused through them all.

OP if one thing is a given then its motivation to get those wings. That is the one thing that will stop you from giving up when it all looks too hard. Yeah maybe I should have said, with a smiley face, that MB you need to read this post cause there is a lotta of useful info here. However if that type of guidance is needed, than I would suggest motivation, drive and application is questionable, but I have been wrong on more than one occasion