PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL Alpha Aviation UAE - CAUTION!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 06:19
mountaintop2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys

last read this thread a couple weeks ago. didn't realize it's been action packed! but i have to admit this is really a good respectful debate, much unlike the other threads in pprune i have been involved in. so kudos to you guys!

malirm,
sad truth is some MPL guys already think they are better than CPL/ fATPL graduates. Saying the MPL is better than fATPL, i think is at best an honest intellectual opinion at this point (i am of the same hopeful view too!), but that is all. there is no evidence to buttress this and there won't be until we get the first few MPL pioneers to perform in IOE, and then released to the Line. that is why i am so much interested in Clark's cadets and how they perform in 5J. until that point let's advise the other MPL guys to be humble, and be much like your own position: study hard, perform well. the burden is actually not on the critics to prove MPL wrong. only actual good performance can prove MPL is right, like the way we theorize it will be.

SFLY,
the poor pilot you mentioned is not an MPL cadet so there is no point in using her experience in commenting on the skills of low hour MPL graduates in the future. it simply does not follow that since both this girl and the MPL cadets have low hours, then they will perform in similar fashion. Training is what will differentiate them, as training is what differentiated guys with similar number of hours logged but different Type ratings. Training is the necessary intervention that will ensure the skills requirement will be met.

So I believe this is what we should try and study: whether the training given by AAA UAE is enough to make sure the low hour MPL cadets perform admirably. Unless of course you take the position that it is impossible to improve the skills of low hour pilots to the level required no matter how many hours of training is done. i hope not, but if you do, hey i can live with that, as long as you're not my instructor, and not my Aviation Authority hahaha

i have nothing to add to the discussion until i do my own research first regarding some of the interesting issues raised here. until then...happy flying to all!