PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Other staffs' perception of Pilot Group
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 05:42
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon 61,

going back to the original question posed by this thread by Bushcat - whether the 'pilot community' should be worried about the perception of themselves. And whether this worry should be as a result of perception within or outside the company.

Your comment of drinking hydraulic fluid - reminded me that your every whim is served by members of the FAU at 40,000ft - Optrex anyone?

Pilots bitter and twisted - well I guess that you in particular are - as your example to me of how you feel about seniority and money - was how would I feel if a less qualified engineer came in at more money. Thinking that like you I would be bitter and twisted.

And my answer to you - is when I am at work my colleagues wages are of no concern - the job comes 1st.

Do you know - I think this could be a real useful test - for CRM. Sit one crabby captain in the simulator, with one straight of flight school pilot newbie, and tell the crabby captain he's just been hired at 3x his pay. The test is then to see how long before the crabby captain breaks into tears, screaming "It's so unfair!".... how long would you last? Not long judging by your continuing desire to erupt on Pprune

As for the opinion outside the company of the pilot community - just get in a taxi and tell the driver you are a Cathay pilot, then get in another taxi and tell him you are a Cathay engineer. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference in attitude.

Regards,

N1 Vibes