PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2002, 19:31
CapedCrewsAider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hereford united;

Can you honestly tell me your final salary is 54K. Be honest, what about your allowances, Hourly Flying Rate, pension contributions etc. All this makes you at least 10K better off than your GB equivalent.

No matter what BA pilots own perceptions they still have the best pay, conditions, and range of opportunities in the UK. If not why do so many people want to work for BA. If what you all say is true no one would go near BA and its pilots would be leaving in droves. It's a free market vote with your feet. Easyjet are recruiting, sounds better than the picture you paint of life in BA.

GB Pilots also fly 3 sectors i.e LGW-ACE-LPA-LGW, or VLC-LGW-ALC-LGW. How long are your duty days compared to this?

With regards working together, GB is a privately owned company, rumour has it the Bland group turned down a very attractive offer from BA who then bought CityFlyer. Working together will require agreement from both. As I said earlier maybe all Blands have to do is wait............then for BA read GB.

SO COULD WE ALL START BY BEING A LITTLE MORE HONEST!! (With ourselves and each other.)