PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Other staffs' perception of Pilot Group
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 04:39
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon 62,

so there we have it - you don't want the 'shame' of going back down the pole? And excuse my ignorance - didn't CX employ Direct Entry Captains and Direct Entry First Officers - are you saying that no other airline in the world has ever thought of this?

Google returned quite a few results for other airlines looking for DEFO and DEC's - so your argument of 'losing seniority' doesn't really stand up - does it? I.e. opportunities do exist in other airlines and in other countries - at the same 'level of seniority'.

And hooray that is one of the goals in life isn't? Get a higher education, get experience and get a better paying job.
Now this is progress - your goal in life (as I now understand it) is to try and emulate a computer software engineer - or was that my goal (I'm not sure).

I am sure you will be quite content if Cathay hires a new engineer fresh out of college and is paid three times more than you. I am sure you will not even raise an eyebrow over it.
And finally something that I sincerely hope you have already got a grasp of. If the above situation were to come about - there would be one thing at the forefront of my mind.

At the front of my mind - This engineer fresh out of college will be working in an airline for the first time - I would be very concerned that I gave him as much advice and support as possible - because the safety of an a/c could depend on it.

This reflects the attitude of the airline engineering community - what would the attitude of you be to this situation?

Would you sit there on the flight deck while the 'higher paid' lower ranking colleague just operated the radio and think nothing - or would you sit their and ignore him, festering, because he got a better deal and therefore should have a hard time from you the underpaid pilot?

This is CRM at it's best....

Regards,

N1 Vibes