PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Other staffs' perception of Pilot Group
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 04:01
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N1 Vibes,

You're starting to talk rubbish and you are arguing for arguments sake and this is my last post on this subject.

Seniority is directly linked to experience. You seem to think it is fine for a senior Captain to leave Cathay and be employed at BA as a Second Officer earning a Second Officer's salary. Because after all that is what you are suggesting are you not? Your message is, who cares about money you should get a life and go work elsewhere at the bottom of the seniority list. Never mind the experience gained over the past 20 years it shouldn't mean anything!!!

A friend who is a computer engineer has held jobs with 8 different companies in the past 13 years, with each job he received a better package. He receives this better package, not because he is such a swell fellow, but because it is commensurate with his experience level. And hooray that is one of the goals in life isn't? Get a higher education, get experience and get a better paying job. But oh no, not our beloved and noble N1, he returns most of his salary back to his employer, he is not addicted to money and lifestyle like us pilots!....Pllleeeeeaaaase spare me!

If experience to you means nothing, and since you've stated that you came to Hong Kong for the love of your job and had nothing to do with money, I am sure you will be quite content if Cathay hires a new engineer fresh out of college and is paid three times more than you. I am sure you will not even raise an eyebrow over it.

So we come back to a seniority based industry, unlike my friend, I cannot take my experience level and apply it with another airline, not saying it is wrong, cause I do believe in the system, but the point is, which you don't seem to get, is that LEAVING IS THE LEAST FAVORITE OPTION, because you are effectively throwing years of experience away to start at the bottom.

Hey Assbert,

Who has the chip on their shoulder now!!! hahaha I love it