PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay to buy back 10% of company stock
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2009, 03:16
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italiancheeze,

many thanks for not considering me a clown. Should you know some history of Cathay Pacific, you will find that they end up getting what they want in the end. Anybody that comes to work at CX believing that they can change the attitude of CX tend to spend their life in here - i.e. not actually changing anything.

Of course for you to learn a bit more about CX's relationship with the pilot community you could ask somebody to 'list down' all the major efforts (and the results) of the pilot community in recent years and see if they have got Cathay dancing to their beat. I also am naive of the negotiating work that the pilot community performs, as we see so little of it in public....

And of course there isn't a queue of pilots/union officials etc at the CEO's door or sitting in on his presentations making the suggestions that you find here to try and change his mind. On the whole Cathay is what Cathay is, you either accept that when you come here or you don't.

Air Profit,

sorry to have neglected your ego by not responding - you are obviously still living in the 1940's with Sir Winston or is it Tutankhamun. What you will doubtless know is that the 'british' were constructing at Stonehenge a few millennia before the Egyptians - and I don't think there was any slavery involved.

The reason I mention this is because the Egyptians and possibly the early Bitons actually constructed their symbolic statements because they wanted to - the 'slaves' in Egypt and Wiltshire, weren't actually slaves - read a book you might learn something new.

What you have actually illustrated quite well is the fact that those 'slaves' (who of course weren't slaves) worked in a large team to achieve something which they all wanted (it wasn't imposed on them - they accepted what was offered).

Those people who work at Cathay to have a job and see the airline grow (which in general means a perpetuation of ones job) are pretty much following the same ideal.

I suspect those people in Egypt who objected to their conditions, wanted more money or wanted their name carved on the top of the pyramid - generally ended up 'accidentally' falling under one of the slabs of granite - as the pyramid construction moved on.

I'm quite happy to keep pushing my piece of granite - you on the other hand had perhaps better watch you don't trip and end up underneath...

Regards,

N1 Vibes