PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours captain sacked for flyby
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2002, 19:00
TomPierce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am reliably informed that the said Captain, who I happen to vauguely know suggested to the "Manager" that he might do a low fly by. The "Manager" thought it was a "good idea" and off the good Captain went. I am told that he planned to level off at 100' but actually levelled off at 51' after the dreaded inertia had a bite. The "manager" apparently got the wind up and decided he should report the Captain. The result thereafter was inevitable. Justly I believe.

Further scuttlebut of this very strange operation is that SOME rated Captains are being required to be base checked in the RHS of their respective types. But here is the strange bit. They are then not allowed to undertake the duties of FO, and cannot therefore fly from the RHS. It appears that while a rated Captain can normally operate from the LHS he must act as PNF every time he is scheduled for a trip in the RHS. Ostensibly because he MIGHT be future training material!! Ummmm!

I am truly perplexed by this so if there is a plausible answer to this curious use of Captains in this company I would love to know.