PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Captain arrested on suspicion of alcohol offence CLEARED
Old 27th Apr 2009, 23:47
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blah Blah Blah... same old cr*p ... all this since yesterday... Hand wringing... tut tut tut... Ohhh... My God... Blah Blah Blah.
Don't mistake the Law for Justice... they often have only a passing aquaintance....
Fatigue is way WAY worse than a small amount of residual alcohol yet the FAA recently decided not to pursue that problem because of their own close association with the airlines....
How many accidents have been caused in part by fatigue ? Too many to even guess at.... How many have been caused in part by alcohol... I can't think of any outside of a few PPL events.

I've probably come close to broaching the time limit for the 'bottle to throttle' rule on more than one occasion... days and days of 4 and 5 sector schedules that get you into a hotel at midnight having had no dinner and the adrenalin still pumping... and you need to be asleep bloody fast so take a dip into a 'miniture' scotch or whatever...