PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 22:35
Cloud Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkensailor,
it is a second hand EOS 30D with a Canon IS 70 - 300 lens. Quality isn't that great and I got the camera dirty at a previous airshow and I need to get the body cleaned. Will pay a professional to do that as I don't want to wreck the image thingy...

you want to see some nice photos go to www.warbirdz.net. Glenn Alderton is the owner / phototgrapher extrordinaire. He has had lots of photos published in local mags and some overseas. I have got some tips off him on taking photos but I simply don't take enough or practice enough to take good ones. Doesn't really worry me as I just use them as screen savers on the computer and it is good to know that I actually took them, even if they aren't as sharp or well composed as the pro's.

Here are a couple from Tyndall AFB airshow a month or so ago.

F22 - yes the display it puts on is as awesome as everyone says it is!

An my favourite Jet fighter. Nothing looks as tough as an F-4, again in my not-so-humble opinion. I feel very lucky ot have seen one up close and personal and flying. The QF-4's are about to start being replaced by QF-16's or so I was told. So they won't be flying for very much longer...

One of the most awesome sights I have seen at an airshow. The yanks certainly know how to turn it on...

Cheers
CB