PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Captain arrested on suspicion of alcohol offence CLEARED
Old 27th Apr 2009, 22:26
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eliptic
Melodrama hehe!!
Within only 10 minutes of this thread starting, you posted this:
How many pilots are not recognized by the security ? it is scary indeed
I assume you don't consider that to be melodramatic.
In my humble opinion should be ZERO or the Crew can tell me so i can exit first
Not melodramatic?
Are you aware that many countries do not have a zero limit?
Given how you feel, I recommend checking before buying a ticket so you can avoid the need to exit first.
after being in this forum less then one month i must say, i have never before encounter so many "step on mine or my colleges toes and we kick your ass DS
That may be because you usually express your opinions in the Passengers & SLF forum.
It's nothing to do with 'stepping on toes'. Some of the professional pilots are clearly fed up of the nonsense which is always posted on alcohol threads.

Do you really expect to be taken seriously in this forum when you make comments such as those I've mentioned, and respond to posts by professional pilots with such comments as
maybe you think the "pilot" star falling apart? My god!
and
I hope you are not a pilot!!
Or when you describe the pilot who was arrested as
a Drunk pilot boarding a plane with 300 pax
Drunk?
Where do you get that from? All we know at the moment is that a field breath-test showed the alcohol in his breath to be in excess of the extremely low aviation limit - which is a quarter of the legal limit for drivers in the UK.
Even if analysis of the subsequent blood sample he would have been required to give was to prove his alcohol level exceeded the legal limit, that would NOT necessarily mean he was drunk.

I've always found the professional pilots in this forum to be very helpful when asked questions by people who want to learn, and very patient even when faced with silly nonsense posted by uninformed people.
You've been on this website for less than a month, but they've seen it all before - each time this topic comes up. It's not surprising that some of them occasionally let their entirely understandable exasperation show.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 27th Apr 2009 at 22:52.