PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 22:19
bizjetsurprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I can help shed light on the reason behind the Unique Air fraud

I was one of the people whose time was wasted massively by Unique Air back in 2007. I have recently come to know that Mark Davies did benefit from the fraud. He placed a number of aircraft orders with UK aviation companies for expensive aircraft. He then received their invoices which of course had VAT added. He somehow convinced the VAT man that they had been paid by him, and managed to claim back the VAT. It seems he was paid out significantly (best part of a million) before the VAT man asked one of the legitamate aviation companies why they had not received the corresponding VAT on the purchase + were then told " no this transaction never went ahead, Unique Air defaulted on the contact".

So all the cynical lies, deception, and damaged lives was purely a criminal fraud from start to finish.

I do have the details and proof if anyone has the time and connections to push the Crown Prospecution Service to do something about Mark Davies and Mark Sedgely who are basically VAT fraudsters on a large scale. They really do need to be taken off the street.