PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Hours Pilot
Thread: Low Hours Pilot
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 21:21
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes i do know lots of places i just wanted to know some additional places where a 300 hours pilot could get a chance.
To be honest, the way you asked the question you were almost asking for sarcastic replies.

By implying you know LOTS of places who take 250-300TT guys (which I think you don't, for obvious reasons.... why ask here otherwise), then by all means apply to them and get a job, right?

Fact is (and I am in the pool with you, just FYI), there's close to zero flying jobs for beginners at the moment. I am not talking about SE Asia, I am talking worldwide!

I know two guys who went to Maun (that African place most low timers go to knock on doors and beg and pray for a job) for close to a month and came back without a single shot at one. NOT EVEN THERE, where one or two years ago you could walk up, knock on a door and sit into an airplane!!!

Flying jobs are rare, and even rarer for lowtimers. Do your homework...check out the GA and bizjets forum for example. There's a thread where EXPERIENCED pilots post their flying times, people who are DESPERATE to find a flying job.

They don't have 300 hrs TT, but more like 3000-5000 hrs....maybe go there and post a few of the "lots of places you know". Surely folks would be grateful.