PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Who Pretend They're Pilots When They're Not!
Old 27th Apr 2009, 21:16
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find alarming though is that some members on here claim to be commercial pilots, but can't back it up with proof. One member who posts on here almost EVERY WAKING HOUR - usually EVERY DAY - makes one wonder when exactly he flies! True, he's very knowledgable about flying, but everything he knows can be learnt from the internet.

Why is this all so 'alarming' to you?

'Everything He or one Knows Can Be Learn't From The Internet??

What making an approach into 'HESH' Airport in a 757 can be learn't on the internet then??

You are forgeting that this is an 'Annonymous' forum to many, except the PPruner's who know or recognise each others usernames or posts, And a large amount of talking shop is done by PM'ing each other anyway.

Nobody on here is accountable to be verified by anyone, Not even the moderators themselves.

And fortunately this site keeps alot of people happy, For example the MAN based ppruner VLM F50 'Capt Phil' who sadly lost his friend - Barry?? last year said that he visited the site every day, As he was unfortunate to never be able to fly an aeroplane.

I would say that the site does attract a few 'Loiterers' who come on here either for a 'Laugh' or to make stories up!

But there's no way you can ever stop that happening, You would have to verify everyone's ID, And I'm sure the Airlines themselves would not like to or be able to give up their precious time for such a task.

Don't forget PPrune is not just for Commercial Pilot's it is for anyone who works in the industry and flies recreationally (PPL)

So I am struggling here (Alan Sugar's favourite words) to think of an answer to your investigative question??

( If you want to verify me = I was born in 1992, I have 2 RR RB211 engines, And I have a red smile on my tail!!)