PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Apr 2009, 19:10
Amnesia180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I've got a quick question regarding EAWs.

During my Formal Interview (the filter from AFCO to OASC) I have been told I will be tested on my knowledge of my chosen careers WSOp and SNCO ATC, my knowledge of the RAF in general and my Background. These are the dominant topics of the interview (current affairs will not be tested in depth, but I will need to show an awareness of my surroundings).

Anyway; I've been reading as much information as possible, constantly checking back to the RAF website and am starting to read through current Operations (Herrick/Telic) and I've come across EAWs. Now according to the RAF website it says that 903 EAW is providing Merlin helicopters, operating from Basrah and Puma support in Baghdad. Now, if I then go back to the main Op Telic part of the website, it lists a whole bunch of other aircraft (including TriStar, C17, Tornado... etc).

So, my question to you is this; Is the 903 EAW only responsible for providing these two types of Aircraft (plus the RAF Regiment involvement) to Basrah and Baghdad?).

The reason I ask, is because I'm getting my head into a bit of a spin trying to understand the full involvement of these EAWs and whether or not I should just be learning the Operations and their goals or going into as much detail as possible.

My interview is in 2 and a half weeks! Excited!