PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 17:57
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amblyopia treatment.

I have just spent the last 3 hours looking for treatment and many articles wereby one person improved there eyesight from 20/400 (Legally Blind) to 20/20 now with or without the glasses by just playing a computer game and wearing a patch. I know I am living on a dream world but my eyesight is L 20/40 with Amblyopia 0.75 Astig and long sight at 6D+ and my R is 20/10 with +5D and 0.25 Astig., so I am just barely outside CAA Limits.

I am fairly young at 16 and I was once under NHS treatment and my eyesight got to a state were it was at a standard were there was no point in wasting precious NHS money to improve anymore. It was at 6/9 and thats 20/30 vission, its now 6/12 at 20/40, so something has obviously gone wrong in the last 8-9 years of not using that patch.

I am now determined to not give up on my dream and let it slip by me with one persons encouragement on this forum, I am looking at many options.

I have booked an eye appointment with Vission express on Saturday were I wish to ask if I could be referred back to the Hospital such as Kings or Moorfields Eye Hospital.

I wish to not take no for an answer in the quest for my treatement, so what can I say to the Opticians? If they say no there is no point due to your age, when each case is obviously individual and I wish to at least try, and I am very ditermined.

Any Suggestions.

Kindest Regards,

Robbie