PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Hours Pilot
Thread: Low Hours Pilot
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 13:19
M33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the position where I have secured freelance flying on a twin. Luck! 200hrs total This is a brilliant position as I am able to stay current and am gaining some valuable experience, a minimum of 10hrs multi time every month and expected to increase. However this is not a paid position thus an income is required.

As a qualified teacher I can work part time (job interview pending, this week) allowing myself more time to be available for possible flights. However I have recently applied for a Customer Care position in a company, as yet with no interview date (and possibly not one at all)!! My thinking was that if within company I have the opportunity to get to know staff, possibility of positions within operations in the future, perhaps even have my ear to the ground with regards to pilot recruitment, and if nothing else showing the desire to work for said company!!

However a full time position would seriously affect the amount of flying I could possibly get, the salary would be no better than part time position in teaching. Teaching would also carry with it the need to give three months notice prior to leaving. As such if any had any words of advice or wisdom I would be grateful.