PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 27th Apr 2009, 12:28
Wader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FNU_SNU
Hi guys, I've heard about the navalised Typhoon argument, and the problems with A400
Problems, yes, but what is the significance? Are there alternatives? What are the arguments for the alternatives? What is your opinion?

but I'm not really familiar with the Sea Harrier-Jaguar-F3 argument.
There are pages on each of these in pprune.

Once you know the 'facts', such as they are, you might like to form an opinion. Was the decision correct? Did it achieve what it set out to do? Is the alternative viable?

Are these airframes out or going out of service without the replacements realy being in place? Jag is gone, Harrier being replaced by JCA and F3 by Typhoon?
Some might say that replacements were not in place. Others that they will soon be in place. Others again that they were not needed.

There was one type, entirely suited to operations in Germany and wholly unsuited to operations in theatre. The former Defence Secretary, when he found out, wanted them withdrawn immediately.

See what I am driving at? Find out the fact then fomr an opinion; don't expect us to give you our opinions.