PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epic Flight Academy
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2009, 04:14
Fitnesspilot737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epic

I am currently a student at Epic. I have my CMEL with IR and im about to complete my CSEL. I have been flying just under 5mths. I came here 6mths ago. I was placed in a nice apt complex when I arrived but I was fortunate as all my other class mates were placed in Ocean Oaks. Personally, I would not live in Ocean Oaks. No way!!! I have been through the whole course from zero in this time frame. I stayed motivated and yes you could probably say I got lucky....but we make our own luck. The weather was favourable and I flew as much as I could. I had a good instructor which helps also but I have to say the instructors at the school are all good and when it comes down to it most are really cool guys. The single engine aircraft are great!!!! Simple!!! The multi are not!!! Saying that...I had so much fun flying them. I really did. Also the area the school fly out of, NSB, is perfect for learning!!! As for the nightlife...well, it sucks, and the area is rather boring to be honest but im here to fly and thats what I did and continue to do.

Overall...you will never find a perfect school anywhere I feel. I researched so many and I always found negitives and positives with everyone. Different people will have different experiences. Though for me Epic has been the right choice. I have finished my whole course in under 6mths and im leaving for home next week. At times I have been frustrated with the school and other times I have been so happy that I couldnt wait to get up in the air again. My story is a positive one with great experiences. Stay positive and motivated and you will do just fine. Im not promoting the school here, im just telling my side of it. Ill be honest and say it how it is. Anyone looking info PM me.

By the way the school does not do JAA. It is FAA only. You need to convert via a school in a JAA state or one registered to be able to do so.