PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you have any advice? Starting PPL in two weeks.
Old 26th Apr 2009, 18:22
Vems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys! Once again

I had my lessons cancelled today - strong winds, but I did fly last week. We basically just had a revision of what we did from my first lesson and now I'm starting turns. Was meant to start today, although due to bad weather that's moved to Saturday. Any advice on that?

I didn't really write much about 2 weeks ago, to be honest there wasn't much to write, exercise was pretty simple, straight forward.

Last week though.. I think I got it all right, apart from looking at the instruments few times and going everywhere But then when my instructor covered up all the instruments, my flying was perfect Next week I got to keep my head out of the cockpit

Hopefully, over summer months, I'll be able to get more hours in (depends on work, as I won't be at college from 12th of June anymore ) but from september.. Hello college again. Oh, I got into a Aircraft Engineering course so at least I won't be bored to death by the current subjects I do at college.

And.. I decided to write up the Met exam. I was a bit stressed out but the more I learned the more I got myself mixed up. Really. So I just run through the notes and went for it.. then .. got .. 85%. I got 3 questions wrong which truthfully I haven't even thought through. I decided to get Aeroplane Technical out of the way next, the book will take me a bit more time than Human Factors & Pilot Performance etc. so I'll get that out of the way by the end of May, then for June I planned to do Human Factors & Pilot Performance and maybe radiotelephony, and then over summer, get over with Nav and then just keep flying..

At least that's just 5 to go..

I'm hoping that by the end of year I'll be able to finish PPL and by the begginings of next year, start ATPL and hour building.

Ohh.. I hope you're still awake..

Vems.