PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 18:05
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately after returning from the Flyer exibition and returned all happy and enthusiastic, I found a CAA "Personal" letter, and I knew straight away this was it, this is the moment Ill find out the truth..

"I am very sorry to advise you that your opthalmic refraction falls outside the standard of both Class 1 and Class 2 Medical certification. You also have a substandard vission in your left eye due to excess hypermetropia."

So thats it, unless I can improve my eyesight on my left eye by 3M and my Correction by +1D Ill never ever set foot in a a airplane cockpit for the rest of my living days. Now I personally know what the real people go through when they have there wings taken of them due to one or two minor issues.

My left eye is Vissual acuity of (20/40) 6/12, the CAA requirement is (20/30) 6/9, I fall short by 3 meters (9ft) and my Correction is +1D over there +5D at +6D. My right eye has no problems, unless I can sort my left eye out and according to the CAA I need to change my proffesionAnd there rules even state you cannot have Laser surgery if over these limits, how cruel is that, if I have had laser surgery and I can see perfect they still wont let me fly due to my past perscription.

Its been a dream ever since I was a little boy to fly a plane, and I had a taste of that 1 year ago in a PA28 and now I feel like Its over before it even began.

I dont know what to do, I want to become one of you guys and live in the dream world not for the money or anything like that but the pure addrenalin rush I get in airplane cockpit.

Thanks,

Robbie