PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA Gen. Sec. Elections
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2002, 13:00
Rider of the Purple Sage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Company Councils and the BALPA Election.

I received my ballot papers today, read both candidates' manifestos, and voted for JF. No contest.

What I would like to know, purely for interest, is how the Company Councils decided whom to support. In BRAL / BACE, to the best of my knowledge, the Company Council did not ask the membership for their views. I know this won't affect the great scheme of things now, but I WOULD have liked to have been asked for my views - my CC, after all, is supposed to be representing ME!.
I was particularly interested to see that the CCs of several major Airlines, whose pilots have been vocal on PPrune about the poor achievements of BALPA for their Ts and Cs, still supported CD. This seems rather odd to me. Virgin, Airtours, JMC, KLMuk to name but few who have at times over the last few years been very disparaging of BALPA and CD in particular. Could it be that CCs tend to 'go native' as happens in the Diplomatic Corps ?

As a footnote, it was interesting to compare manifestos. One could not help but note the wide ranging vague but lofty ideals expressed by CD, as opposed to the specifics and punchy no-nonsense tone of JF.

Good luck John!