PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why redundancies/Furloughs are necessary
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 17:18
sirhcttarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put yourselves in the shoes of the most recent second officers to join the company. Because there are some between the bottom of the seniority list and the DECs from Oasis. Unlike those of you who joined on the base and have chosen to stay there, these guys and girls have in many cases uprooted their families to come here. Now, if they lose their jobs there will be children to relocate and perhaps even mortgages in Hong Kong to pay. Would you want to be in those shoes?
Standard CX rental contract allows the tenant to break lease with 2 months notice. CX will also pay for repatriation.

If that person chose to buy it's a risk they take and they can't blame anyone but themselves if they lose their job but were too blase about the risks of a 10 year mortgage. Buying is not a "me too" decision but a carefully considered process and if that process was not given due diligence, I'm afraid it's bad luck. Point to note is that this "me too" attitude is what got the world into this mess to start with.

So in conclusion max reheat, you would have to come up with better reasons than that to justify your arguments against redundancies.