PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why redundancies/Furloughs are necessary
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 15:05
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I take it that those of you advocating furloughs (ie to allow some of our fellow pilots to fall by the wayside in what is becoming an industrial issue) would use the same rationale when it came to supporting industrial action! And you would not put your own necks, income and welfare on the line to support any further casualties from another 'bloody nose.' Because that is certainly what you suggest on this thread.

I thought so.

Some of you are so full of cr@p it makes me weep. You have got yourselves so confused you don't have a soapbox to stand on.

Put yourselves in the shoes of the most recent second officers to join the company. Because there are some between the bottom of the seniority list and the DECs from Oasis. Unlike those of you who joined on the base and have chosen to stay there, these guys and girls have in many cases uprooted their families to come here. Now, if they lose their jobs there will be children to relocate and perhaps even mortgages in Hong Kong to pay. Would you want to be in those shoes?

I think not.

So decide what you want and support the AOA in it's quest to find an equitable solution.