PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ceiba Intercontinental Airlines - Equatorial Guinea
Old 26th Apr 2009, 15:01
Heli-Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ceiba Intercontinental Airlines - Equatorial Guinea

Equatorial Guinea Airline Chief Denies Stealing Money
LIBREVILLE, Gabon (AFP)--The head of Equatorial Guinea's national airline denied Monday allegations he fled the country with EUR5 million in company money.
"It's all false, it's a plot against me," Ceiba director general Mamadou Jaye told AFP after a company official charged that he had vanished with the money since leaving on a business trip in late February.
"I am still the director general of Ceiba. The planes are flying. These are stories being told to hurt me," he said. "I did not take any money."
"It's an attempt to destabilise the government," Jaye said, adding that unnamed people were out to say that he should have not gotten the job.
Miguel Oyono, a top presidential adviser in Equatorial Guinea, said the government had recently requested a probe into the airline's management but that he was unaware of any embezzlement.
"To my knowledge, there is no embezzlement problem," he said.

Anyone know what has happened to Mamadou Jaye (Gaye), his whereabouts and what has happened to the money.??????