PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada 777
Thread: Air Canada 777
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 13:54
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the way to Lanzarote a few weeks ago (Aer Lingus from BFS) the seatbelt sign was switched for the entire last hour of the flight because of turbulence which was quite rocky at times.
The flight attendant in charge of the cabin told everyone who visited the lavatory during this period - in a friendly way - doing so was entirely at their own risk as there was a danger of injury because of the conditions. We were sitting at the front and heard what she said on numerous occasions but when Mrs. Frequent Flyer had no option but to visit the 'littlest room on the A320' 15 minutes before landing she too was warned of the possible consequences.
I told her I thought she should wait until getting into the terminal at Arrecife but this was not an option. Understandable after two cups of tea and a soft drink on a flight which lasted more than four hours.
One elderly lady made her way along the unsteady aisle on her walking stick holding on to each seat.
On Friday evening we were returning from LBA to BHD. In his pre-flight announcement the pilot warned it was bumpy in the cruise and emphasised the need for people to keep their seatbelts on.
Initially, he turned the lights off andI visited the lavatory but when I was in the cupboard that passes for a toilet on the Dash 8 400 the rocking started again and he switched on the signs. I went back to my seat but despite the seatbelt signs remaining illuminated and the obviously bumpy conditions people still continued to visit the lavatory including unaccompanied children.
Personally, I don't understand why people put themselves at risk this way on a flight which lasted only 40 minutes.
The cabin crew did continue with the service but at least one drink was spilled.