PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drug and alcohol testing commenced at Moorabbin
Old 26th Apr 2009, 13:43
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whatif?

Scene 1 act 1.

Capt Wally on late night ops at remote airstrip where the wildlife is at times abundant.
Capt Wally has Medical team on board from Royal Childrens Hospital with a critical new born prem baby (can be as new as 24 weeks or so) about to be transported back to ML. We are at least an hrs flying time away from base. It's 3:30am local as Capt Wally applies max power for T/off. At around 80 kts a small flock of birds take flight & impact the airframe. All safe after a quick acting pilot (Capt wally is good) .brought A/C to safe stop.
Back at the dirt parking bay I check the airframe with torch & find nothing obvious other than a few feathers stuck to the L/E (we get a bit of that & often found upon shutdown). I check with the med team to make sure we have enough med supplies to last several hrs at least whilst on the ground. They ask why? Can you all imagine what I have to now say to that team? The results could be devistating. Worst case baby dies right there in the back of my plane (as they have done before sadly) The Coronor will love this case am sure!!!!
Hypothetical? perhaps but even the slightest chance of the above developing will make headlines with a far greater impact than any of us as an individual ever will.

yes wally Mk2 is back, but just to add fuel to the fire here:-)

Wmk2