PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia commenced BNE-LAX today
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 09:35
V-SFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-3 times a month at what 4 or 5 days a shot?
AOA: The question was about how boring it would be. The 4 days at a shot are not boring. Being an American Australian, I cherish the time back in SoCal. So the flights may be "boring" but I only do 4 sectors every 28 day. I love being away for the 4 day trip.

It will take a monumental shortage and economy turnaround to get past shiny jet syndrome.
Mr Hat: Shiny jet syndrom??? Really??? I have flown lots of shiny jets. It's all about the job, not the shiny jet. All aircraft look exactly the same from the pointy end, from an F/A-18 to an old B-737 to an Airbus 330. They all look the same....

today's pilot will drop his/her company at the drop of a hat given the right opportunity.
And the company will drop you even quicker. Loyalty is no longer an issue for any company...they don't care one bit about you....

I am starting to suspect that some of you V OZ guys are a little naive.
Really Neville??? I belive that I have been around the block more than most. Not naive, but smart enough to at least enjoy the good ride while it lasts. I go to work with a smile on my face and come back with a bigger one. If you can't enjoy it the way it is now, how will you ever???? I feel sorry for someone who can't enjoy the good times, because you will really find it hard to enjoy the "bad times"...

Listen gentlemen, someone made a comment about the "honeymoon period". Well I know from experience that if you can't enjoy the honeymoon, you aren't going to enjoy the marriage!!! Life is grand at V right now and with the right mix of people it may remain that way. But I am a realist and know that it will probably go south eventually. But I am going to enjoy the current ride. Good people, good routes, nice layover, great place to live, great aircraft....can it get any better. Check your airline and ask yourself if you can say the same. Not many do right now.

I for one am simply going to enjoy it while it lasts