PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR new security dictat
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 08:43
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bravotangoegcc

Interesting view from the other side....................... however the rules set down by the DfT are enacted in a number of ways and what is good for one airport is not for another.

Manchester happens to be the very worst airport in the UK in the way it treats crews, I have quietly walked away from treatment that in any other profession would be classed as sexual abuse or assault, I have had my bags tuned out in front of the crew and passengers in an act that seemed to be some sort of sport for the security staff. The passage of a package that was a birthday present for my wife THREE times past the X-ray and then ripping it open was totally uncalled for (before you ask the items were not my size!) and was harassment of the worst type and the items went in the bin after the being pawed by the so called security operative.

On another passage of MAN security was marked by the insistence that I removed my items of clothing to examine my knee the scale of the clothing removal that was insisted upon was totally out of proportion to the examination requested.

Throughout my career I have tried to treat all staff in a way that I would like to be treated, with respect an common courtesy however I have had enough of the games and stupidity of the security staff at Manchester. I have had enough harassment and abuse from the likes of Manchester security and will take the most robust action that the law permits the next time that I am abused.

If you are doing your job properly you have nothing to fear from me but if one of your workmate steps out of line he or she can expect more (legal) trouble to be visited upon them that they would have ever imagined existed.