PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why redundancies/Furloughs are necessary
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 07:21
Saturn

Angry Why redundancies/Furloughs are necessary

After reading and researching the lastest, I think that this should be done. If we say CX needs to lay off 250 pilot's, this would include all DEC's and most if not all COS 08 pilot's. What this would force is that any future commands(They said this themselves) and any further promotions whether SO to JFO or JFO to FO etc,.. WOULD HAVE TO GO BY PURE SENIORITY.

Oh I see you want us to help out but forget & forgive all the past viloations of our COS and then sign yet another new COS and have faith that all the bad days are behind us. UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!

So many of us have been screwed whether out of a base, a command, an upgrade or a fleet change because of the nonsense. They gave the outsiders and those that quit a better deal. Man it is infuriating!

Either reward us for or our hard work or get stuffed. We should not let the company just have us forget and forgive what they have done.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionally, how about better benefits. P Fund-the choices are mininal and we have all lost lots of money.

Ticketing. It is disgusting how the company makes money off it's employees. FOC's SHOULD BE FOC'S!!! We should get upgraded if seats are available on our own aircraft. I have watched completely empty business or first class seats while we are jammed in coach. How about better priorty on ONEWorld (We are the bottom.) And how about ticket prices coming down (WAY DOWN). The price we pay is just way too much.

CX should REALLY show some good faith and we MIGHT do the same. Sadly NONE of this will happen.