PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructing in the UK
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 05:02
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I don't want to start new thread just for this, but, would any UK heli FTO consider JAA CPL as enough for 'introductory flights'? As a way of random slow way to help out struggling grads who'd be broke, with some loans, only going to get another loan (if) for FI rating later on once eligible according to JAA FCL rules to start FI rating..

Should I presume that FTOs want potential PPL students to fly with instructor so it's loggable as dual towards PPL? Or insurance. Or simply assigning instructors to these as they're in need of some cash and TT/PIC hours anyway (the words of 'endless stream of .5 intros brings this whole question as I've seen the instructor's face when he was told to do .3ish intro)

I know it's very slim chance, but this seriously puts me off from actually trying to achieve things and get a job in the UK flying helis (I will succeed eventually somewhere, but..). Things aren't getting easier regarding training and further instructing in the US either and most other countries abroad are not worth thinking of for starters either..

On topic: Yeah, I'm just 'modular of a decade (long)' kind of student, but if given choice of buzzing around pattern, doing autos and couple XC flights mostly/only in R22 on wages not so great (whatever satisfaction it brings from teaching) and flying beautiful bigger helicopters on double, triple or later bigger multiple of the current earnings, it's kinda no-brainer for most. Plus, there's the own family support and loans factor as well.