PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 26th Apr 2009, 02:37
Salinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi all!

I applied for an ATC position late last year and I had my interview in Brisbane in early March. I found out last week that I'm on the Order of Merit List, so now I'm waiting again to hear if they have an opening for me in October or some other time. Only problem is, my application only last 12 months, so if they don't have an opening for me within 12 months I have to apply again!

Does anyone here have any inside info on what the chances are of getting an October position? And if not October, when are the other intakes?

I'm from Queensland, so moving to Melbourne and taking a pay cut for 12 months of training is an incredibly daunting proposition! However, I know it will be worth it in the long run... but the things you read online about Civil Air and AsA and staff shortages, forced overtime, salary negotiations, etc, etc make me quite worried about this being a clever career move! Do any Aussie controllers out there have some words of wisdom for me?

I'm massively excited about this opportunity, but I'm just a bit scared (to be honest!) about the sacrifices I may have to make and whether or not I'm making the right decision! I would love the chance to have a chat and get some opinions from other ATCs in Australia.

Thanks!