PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Are You Voting
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2009, 02:24
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...it is there train set...
I'm so sick of hearing this crap! Who came up with this? It is so inaccurate.

First of all, the "train set" is not theirs, it is a publicly traded company, so the train set technically belongs to shareholders - which includes me.

Second of all, the train doesn't move and is pretty much worthless without the employees that operate it, which also includes me, in the crucial role of knowing how the train operates to go from A to B.

Management is the least important piece of the puzzle. Keep in mind that if they disappeared tomorrow, the airline would keep operating for quite a few days before anyone would take notice. That is not the case for pilots, cabin-crew, engineers, airport handlers, drivers...etc.

And last, it is not a train set at all. A train set is a hobby, it does not generate revenue and is there just for show and entertainment. We provide an essential service and generate lots of revenue, not just for the company, but for HK in general.

So do me a favor and start putting things in perspective, assume a little responsibility and stand up straight. Remember that management is still responsible to the shareholders.