PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2009, 22:12
meguro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of Mr Iriver's sentiment has credibility. In my recent travel experience on Qantas, I planned travel on four sectors, two international and two domestic. Of these flights two were cancelled, that's a 50% strike rate! Qantas also lost our bags! I insisted that the bags were incorrectly tagged, the staff member concerned assured me that he knew and was having that bags retagged immediately. Naturally, Sunday night, Qantas, this didn't happen.
Qantas is deplorable, although Jet* is nostalgic, as it takes you back to travelling in the 1930's when flying was much more hit and miss.

The hypocracy is a bunch of kids running round the world singing, " I still call Austraia home"! One is then confonted with "kopin carr" of an entire Thai crew.

Finally, I think Mr. Iriver deserves a hearing and has some important points, it is typically Qantas to arrogantly belittle any such points.

Flying Qantas reminds me of the Movie, The castle, "tell em their dreaming", when Qantas considers itself a "full service airline".

I accept that VB does not provide a competitive alternative, but imagine if they did? What trouble would the Q be in now?